2011 Pinot Noir Dundee Hills: $34
On the nose, aromas of strawberry and rose petal predominate. Spices such as anise, thyme, and sage combine with the fine tannins to give the wine excellent structure. You can enjoy this wine now, but it will be even better if you allow it to cellar for 2-5 years.
Christopher’s Quiche Lomo
- 4 oz The Beautiful Pig Spanish Lomo
- 4 oz white mushrooms, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup grated parmagiano reggiano cheese
- 2 large eggs plus 1 yolk, lightly beaten
- 6 oz gruyere cheese, grated
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare pie plate with homemade or purchased crust. Place in freezer until ready to fill
- In large saute pan, gently brown lomo slices over medium heat. Cool and coarsely chop
- Warm butter and olive oil in same pan. When first whisps of smoke appear add mushrooms and saute over medium high heat until excess moisture has evaporated.
- Cool and place in medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 10 minutes
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue cooking 45 minutes to 1 hour, until top is golden brown and inserted table knife comes out mostly clean.