Our 2010 Pinot Noir Dundee Hills is a perfect pairing for grilled salmon, and now is the perfect time to stock up for grilling season. FREE ground shipping on case orders!
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons mild honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 salmon fillet with skin (about 1.5-2 lbs)
- Equipment: a cedar grilling plank
- Soak cedar grilling plank in warm to hot water for 1-2 hours, keeping it immersed.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high heat for gas)
- Stir together mustard, honey, rosemary, zest, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Spread mixture on flesh side of salmon and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Put salmon on plank, skin side down (if salmon is too wide for plank, fold in thinner side to fit).
- Grill, covered with lid, until salmon is just cooked through and edges are browned. Salmon should be flaky when you break off with a fork. 15-25 minutes depending upon size of fillet.