- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 pound spicy italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large bunch kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente; drain.
- In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-low until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cream to sausage; simmer until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Add kale to sausage; toss until wilted. Remove from heat; toss with pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan.
Paired with 2014 Pinot Noir Dundee Hills: “Sleek and focused, with fine tannins around a spicy core of red berry, white pepper and violet flavors, gliding easily into a long and expressive finish. Drink now through 2024. 143 cases made.” 92 Points, Harvey Steiman, Wine Spectator, Dec 2016