Winter’s Hill Estate is joining with 70 other Willamette Valley Wineries to collect food and funds to fight hunger in our community. We have lots of great events to bring you out to Wine-Country during the holidays, so while you are here, why not make a donation?
From November 1-December 20, bring your non-perishable foods or make a cash donation when you come to visit us. What foods are needed most?
- Foods high in protein such as canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon) and canned or dried beans
- Foods high in nutrients, such as canned fruits and vegetables (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced sugar)
- Whole-grain foods such as brown rice, whole grain cereal and whole-wheat pasta
- Soups, chilies and stews (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced fat)
- 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
- Unsaturated cooking oils
The most powerful donation is cash, as that allows Food Bank staff to purchase exactly what is needed including fresh fruits and vegetables. They can often negotiate a big discount, making your donation go further.
Donate in person when you visit, or online : https://community.oregonfoodbank.org/WVWA