Our 2015 Pinot Noir Block 10 was just released to Wine Club members in the most recent shipment.
“Pure Pommard, this has more concentration and forward fruit than the other single-block wines in this series. A pleasing mix of strawberry, raspberry and cherry flavors, along with a dash of flat seltzer, it carries through clean and refreshing to a moderately long finish with a hint of herb.” Paul Gregutt, Wine Enthusiast. June 2017
89 points-Wine Enthusiast
Currently this wine is only available to Wine Club members, so if you would like to order a few bottles please contact Paul@wintershillwine.com or call 503-864-4592. Details of our Wine Club can be found here.
Wild Mushroom & Burrata Bruscheta pairs beautifully with the 2015 Block 10. The bright acidity highlights the red fruit in this wine. I hope you’ll enjoy!
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 slices of peasant bread (from a long loaf), about 1/3 inch thick
- 1 pound burrata cheese, cut into 16 slices
Brush bread with oil and broil in oven, turning once, until toasted (about 1 min).
Top the toasts with the mushrooms. Top each with a slice of burrata and serve.